The perfect last minute recipe for your vegan bake sale.
- 1 box of vegan yellow or vanilla cake mix (check out Duncan Hines or Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce (or 1 snack cup of applesauce)
- 1/2 cup of neutral oil* (This includes canola, vegetable, or sunflower. I prefer sunflower)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix powdered cake mix, neutral oil, and applesauce in a large bowl until well-combined, without any lumps of flour.
- Using a tablespoon or icecream scoop, scoop balls of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes of until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix cinnamon and sugar to create topping in a small bowl.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar topping over the still-hot cookies.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving!