The perfect baked good for any brunch-time study session.
- 4 cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup of applesauce (4 oz. or 1 little applesauce snack container)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) of melted Earth Balance Vegan Butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Set oven to preheat at 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder with a whisk. In a separate bowl mix the almond milk, applesauce, vanilla, almond extract, and maple syrup. Mix the wet and dry together, then add in the melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Use some baking spray (I’d recommend coconut oil based) to spray a rectangular cake pan, 9×13, then pour the batter evenly into the pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Then, sprinkle topping evenly on the cake. Use a knife or fork to swirl the sugar and cinnamon into the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick/fork test. Let cool completely.
- Mix the powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, cinnamon, and almond milk until it is a consistency like pancake syrup for the glaze.
- Pour over the cake and it will set into a harder glaze.
- Slice and enjoy with friends!
*This recipe was inspired by Dinner then Dessert’s recipe for Easy Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake. Find the original (non-vegan) version here.