This versatile pesto recipe is great for pasta, pizza, or even by the spoonful!
- 12 ounces of pecan halves
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (juice of half a lemon)
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread pecan halves on one large baking sheet and toast them in oven for 5-7 minutes or until fragrant. (Your whole kitchen will smell like pecans!)
- Let pecan halves cool completely before tossing them in a food processor or blender. Add olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Blend or pulse to desired consistency.
*The original recipe came from an old friend from college. Thanks Erica for the inspiration.
*This recipe makes about 3 cups of pesto which is a lot. If you’re using this for pasta, cook one box of pasta first, drain it, and put it back in the hot pot. Add two tablespoons of butter and let it melt over the noodles before adding 1 cup of the pesto to the pasta. This will help it create a sauce since it’s pretty thick. You can save for the leftover pesto for whatever else you might make during the week.
*This pesto can also be used for pizza, flatbread, sandwich spreads, and so much more!
One thought on “Parsley Nut Pesto”