A vegan breakfast for any non-believer (and blueberry lover).
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of melted vegan butter
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and pour in the almond milk, applesauce, vanilla extract, and melted butter; mix until smooth. Add blueberries.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot. Don’t forget to use fresh maple syrup to top them!
*I learned to make pancakes (originally) from this recipe here from AllRecipes. It also served as the base for this vegan, no added sugar version!
*If you use thawed frozen blueberries instead of fresh, feel free to add a little of that sweet blueberry juice to the batter!