Or any other mushroom you fancy!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 ounces of whole mushrooms (chopped) (I oscillate between portabella, shiitake, and cremini)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans
- 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning or 3 tablespoons of your favorite taco seasoning spice mix.*
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 10 flour tortillas
- fried egg
- Chop mushrooms, onion, and pepper into 1 inch pieces. Mince garlic. Drain black beans and rinse.
- Begin heating oil in a large skillet until shimmer and add chopped veggies. Sauté until mushrooms are fully browned and peppers and onions are lightly caramelized, approximately 10 minutes. Add minced garlic and soy sauce and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add black beans and spices. Let cool for 2 minutes before transferring 2-3 tablespoons of filling to a small flour tortilla.
- Top with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
*My favorite taco seasoning mix is made up of cumin, ancho chile powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
*The soy sauce adds an extra “meaty” flavor to mushrooms when cooked in a skillet like this.