One of the first recipes every vegetarian should learn.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 10 oz. package of frozen mixed veggies (carrot, peas, corn, green beans)
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- 2 10z. cans of Campbell’s Cream of Potato Soup
- 1/3 cup of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of Annie’s or Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop small yellow onion and melt butter over low-medium heat in a large sauce pan. Steam frozen mixed veggies in microwave.
- Add chopped onions to large sauce pan with melted butter and raise heat to medium. Cook for about 5 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add steamed veggies and poultry seasoning, mix well to combine and cook for about 1 minute before adding Cream of Potato Soup. Stir until well combined. Whisk in milk until well combined and simmer on medium low heat for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Prepare 4 porcelain ramekins and divide filling evenly. Pop open can of Crescent Rolls and divide them into 4 squares (rather than 8 triangles). Cover each ramekin with square (or rectangle) of dough and press dough onto the sides of the ramekin to make sure it sticks.
- Put the 4 pot pies onto a large baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 13-15 minutes. Once the tops are golden brown, pull baking sheet with your 4 ramekins out of the oven and allow to cool for at least 5-10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
*Putting the ramekins on the baking sheet makes it easier to pull out the pot pies later.
*The original recipe used Campbell’s Cream of Chicken and was created by my brilliant Aunt Dawn. My mom and I created the vegetarian version when I was about 10-11 and it’s still one of my go-to meals in adulthood. Kudos to the brilliant women who taught me to cook (my mom and Aunt Dawn being two of many!)