The broke student’s best friend
- 2 tablespoons of neutral oil (I prefer sunflower or canola oil)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 6 eggs
- Heat up oil in a large skillet until shimmering. Once shimmering, add chopped green onions and tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- After 2 minutes, add soy sauce and sugar and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- While tomato mixture is cooking, whisk six eggs. Add to stir-fry skillet and cook until eggs are lightly scrambled. Remove from heat.
- Serve over leftover rice and enjoy! Feel free to add any leftover chopped green onions on top.
*If you’re on a super tight budget, feel free to swap out the cherry tomatoes for plum or regular sized tomatoes. If you’re using plum tomatoes, you’ll need 3 and if you’re using regular-large you’ll need 2.
*This recipe in general is pretty forgiving. Don’t have soy sauce? Just use 3 tablespoons of salt and add a little bit of water. Don’t have regular sugar? Use brown sugar or even honey.
*I got inspiration for this recipe from Strictly Dumpling. You can find his recipe here.