The peanut butter noodles you’ve always dreamed of
- 1 16 oz. package of spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons of neutral oil (I love using peanut oil)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
For Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil (if you can’t find it, swap in peanut oil)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (if you can’t find it, swap in vinegar or white wine)
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar/honey/or maple syrup
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (or about 1 tablespoon of pre-minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 cup of water
- black pepper to taste
- Boil water for spaghetti in a large pot. Heat oil in large pan until shimmering. Add chopped vegetables.
- Add peanut sauce ingredients into a high-power blender or food processor. Blend until smooth consistency.
- Once spaghetti is cooked, reserve a 1/2 cup of cooking liquid before draining pasta. Once pasta is drained, add noodles back to large pot. Add peanut sauce to large pot with noodles and toss to coat. If sauce is struggling to coat noodles, add reserved pasta water, a tablespoon at a time, to help.
- Once veggies are fully cooked, add them to noodles and toss until both noodles and veggies are fully coated in sauce. Add black pepper to taste. Top with extra chopped green onions and/or sesame seeds and enjoy!
*You can add any veggies you’d like to the veggie stir fry as well a tofu. The world is your peanut butter-filled oyster.
*I included notes for substitutions on some of the harder to find ingredients. Feel free to also swap in gluten-free spaghetti and soy sauce to keep this gluten free.
*Big thanks to Pinch of Yum for inspiring me to try and make my own version of peanut sauce. You can find their recipe for peanut sauce here.