A great meal prep recipe (if that’s what you’re into)
- 16 oz. of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Press tofu using tofu pressing method of choice (or tofu press if you have one). Pat dry tofu with paper towel. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Sprinkle cornstarch and spices over tofu cubes and coat evenly. Once evenly coated, put onto lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy.
- Once tofu is baked, toss in sweet chili sauce. Serve over rice with vegetable of choice (I like steamed broccoli). Enjoy!
*You can also swap out the sweet chili sauce with another sauce of choice (think teriyaki, peanut, hoisin, heck — even barbecue! etc.). If you do want to use a good sweet chili sauce though, I’d highly recommend Mae Ploy since it’s delicious and vegan. You can find it here.
*The method I use for making crispy tofu is heavily inspired by Pinch of Yum’s method. You can find that here.